Thursday, October 2, 2014

How do You Cook Cube Steak

This is the question I asked upon myself the other day when I realized I never put the cube steak and potatoes in the crock pot for dinner. It was yesterday, the day I was sick to my stomach and still having to be Mom. I used Google and found a WikiHow instructional on how to cook cube steak, they list 3 ways to cook it over on that site. I chose the one I wanted to use!

How to Cook Cube Steak

Ingredients:

  • 2 Eggs

  • 1 Cup Flour

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

  • 1/2 tsp onion powder

  • 2 lbs or less of cube steak

  • Enough cooking oil (vegetable, canola, etc whichever you choose) to place about 1" worth in deep skillet pan on stove. Heat til the oil is bubbly.


Mix Up That Dipping Flour Stuff

Mix together, using a whisk or similar, the flour and all seasonings in a bowl. Pretty simple. Make sure you have the flour, the salt, the pepper, the garlic powder, the onion powder and stir it up so it's evenly mixed.

Get That Egg Cracked Up

Next, grab a separate bowl and place the two eggs, fully cracked and whisk them up in a bowl.

Get Read to Dip and Make a Yummy Mess

While you are preparing this portion, make sure to turn up your oil on the stove that is in the skillet. This needs to be rolling a bit, not a huge boiling mess, but close to it so we know it's hot enough for those steaks!

  • I took the cube steak and cut into smaller pieces, but you don't really have to.

  • I then took each piece of cube steak, dipped it into the egg and then covered it in the flour mixture.

  • This is messy, and you may need to pick up the flour with hands to ensure the steak is fully covered.


Drop steak into the hot oil, cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side, use a cooking utensil to turn the steak over, cook that side for about 2-3 minutes. Test the steak to ensure it is cooked fully by sticking a fork in it, after you have placed it on a plate, to ensure there is no blood from the uncooked meat left.

How to Cook Cube Steak  (1)

Let cool on paper towel {helps soak up the oil}. Serve. Feel free to cook up some home-fry style potatoes with french style green beans on the side. I also added some gravy to mine.

Apparently this is a regular or popular way to cook cube steak, but I had no clue. Being in the kitchen, cooking for my family, is really part of my wind down time after a long, busy day of motherhood. I love it so much!