Tuesday, June 3, 2014

More Thoughts From Brandy Ellen about Human Kind

I believe we, as human beings, need to step back and think before we speak {or post online}. That's not to say I am not guilty of speaking, or typing, before thinking. It happens. We are all human.

What bothers me is when I see someone consistently getting up on this high horse of entitlement. People who choose to do certain things or live certain ways and want to diss others who may not be able to live that way or have any choice but to do what they do. Think about others before you speak, of course people are going to have hurt feelings. I am not talking about "all is fair in life mentality", but more discussing those who look down upon human mistakes or inability for certain people to do certain things.

I've been that Mom. The single Mom who had to eat bread and butter, ramen noodles or mac n cheese or pasta and sauce on a regular. Yes, my child had to eat that crap too. On a regular. It wasn't fun for me and I would have days where I felt like I was failing my child. If you have never been that Mom, then shut your mouth about what other parents should or should not do. Who are you to "know" them and how they live!

I've been that Mom who makes decisions that are best under circumstances I was living in. I always make what I feel is the best decision for myself but mostly for my children's future. My children are always on my mind when I think of what to do next in life. They come first. Always.

I dislike watching people consistently point fingers and judgement when they have not walked in other people's shoes. The only life these people know is the one they have, the experiences in which they have had in their life and who they are today. No two people have walked the same exact path. So think please before you assume you know all and think please before you judge a book by it's damn cover.

I have been poor all of my damn life, I have used every last penny I have to make sure there is a roof over my children's heads, food of some sort on their table, a ride to school for them to have an education. I make sure to put every last penny I have towards my children's needs first. Always have. Always will.

With that being said, I don't have anyone to pick up my pieces should things not go as I had planned nor hoped. I don't have a family member I can move in with if the situation calls for it. I don't have a relative with money to lend when times get tough. I have me. I have my children. That's all. Sure, I do have a wonderful support system of both friends and family, but that doesn't mean they can help me out of things I get into. They can be there emotionally and for advice, but beyond that - I am living an adult life that means I am unable to go back into my parents home or not work in some shape or form to support my children.

There are many parents who have certain luxuries I don't have. Who cares. They are happy with their life and that's all that matters. We need to start embracing our differences and stop pointing fingers in the name of trying to push someone else down to make us feel better. Give me a break, you should be uplifting yourself through uplifting of others - that my friends is the ultimate way to live.

This is just my opinion, you may disagree and I respect you for having that freedom to disagree.