Thursday, April 24, 2014

Call it Non-Confrontational, I Call it Being at Peace

I often tell people and people tell me that I am non-confrontational, it's true. I am. Some like to say it as if it's a bad thing, but honestly I do not think being non-confrontational is a bad thing. Due to my non-confrontational nature, I am at a place of inner peace. All battles worth fighting get fought ... at the proper time. I don't normally fly off the handle in someone's face over an issue like I could have in the past when I was slightly more confrontational and hot headed. I truly feel as if I am at a place of inner peace, it's calming to be non-confrontational.

I haven't ever been the type to fight physically with someone, although I have had my battles with exes who will say I can be physical, that was way back in the day, and if they still look at me as that person well then they never got over it and came to a place of inner peace for their own self. People do change, not all of us, but many do grow. I have grown.

Why Being Non Confrontational Leads to Deep Inner Peace

Each day I work to better myself and each day I wake up feeling at peace because I no longer have any grudges, due to my non-confrontational nature I take more time to reflect upon topics that may get me heated. I think being more non-confrontational can assist others because;

  • it allows you to take time to reflect upon issues before addressing them.

  • it enables you to feel a deeper level of peace at the end of the day.

  • it teaches you to utilize your words in more successful ways.

  • it gives you a chance to make less mistakes when dealing with issues.


Overall I firmly believe that people who are non-confrontational can be more positive people, if only they learn how to hone in on that skill and utilize it to their own personal advantage. Not every conflict or issue needs to be addressed in the moment, not every situation needs to be addressed; life will go on if you just walk away from some confrontational situations. Believe me. I know if you can learn to be more non-confrontational like me that you will come to a deeper level of peace within.

At the end of the day all that matters is that you feel at peace, that you feel you have the closure you need and that you have let go of things you cannot control. Non-confrontational people can be self harming if they never solve the concerns they have, but if they learn to utilize words to come to peace and closure then they will honestly heal quicker than those who get hot headed and confrontational with others.