Seriously easy to make recipe right here, oh and if you get crafty enough and want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on food coloring? You can make a rainbow set of these if you wish, by making a few batches with food coloring in them and piling them on top of each other in the pan, but food coloring was too expensive and I couldn't think of any other way to color this, unless perhaps we buy the mini-marshmallows that are colored? Hmmm, maybe next time!
What do you Need?
- 3 Tbs Butter
- One 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies (I used store named version of this cereal)
How do You Make Them?
- Melt the butter in a pan over med/low heat.
- Add mini-marshmallows to butter and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove From Heat.
- Add rice krispies and stir quickly until mixed up evenly.
- Pour the blended ingredients into a 9 x 13 pan and push down with a buttered spatula.
I seriously cannot believe how simple these are to make. I had to step up the recipe I originally found to make a 9 x 13 sized pan because there is five of us eating these babies and they go quickly! You may play with the recipe to suit your family desires.
Since I didn't want what happened last time I made these treats, I waited for them to harden (which doesn't take too long) and cut them up to place into sandwich baggies to allow me to better monitor just how much sweets my kiddos were getting! I enjoyed offering this as a special sweet addition to the kids school lunches the past couple of days.