Thursday, March 27, 2014

Making Rice Crispy Treats at Home Is Super Easy #recipe

How I was not aware of the proper way to make rice crispy treats at home, I do not know. Now that I am aware? I am quite addicted to this recipe. My kids are addicted too. You see, my sons say that their Daddy buys them rice crispy treats at times for their school lunches and I do not. It's been the huge issue with the boys wanting rice crispy treats but I refuse to buy them. I buy sweets for my kids, but I am all about attempting to balance sweets with healthy options. I know this isn't a healthy recipe, but to me, it's healthier than buying those boxed rice crispy treats that have added crap in them to store on shelves for sale to consumes. Just my opinion.

How to Make Rice Crispy Treats at Home

Seriously easy to make recipe right here, oh and if you get crafty enough and want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on food coloring? You can make a rainbow set of these if you wish, by making a few batches with food coloring in them and piling them on top of each other in the pan, but food coloring was too expensive and I couldn't think of any other way to color this, unless perhaps we buy the mini-marshmallows that are colored? Hmmm, maybe next time!

What do you Need?

  • 3 Tbs Butter

  • One 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows

  • 6 cups of Rice Krispies (I used store named version of this cereal)


How to Make Rice Crispy Treats at Home

How do You Make Them?

  1. Melt the butter in a pan over med/low heat.

  2. Add mini-marshmallows to butter and stir constantly until melted.

  3. Remove From Heat.

  4. Add rice krispies and stir quickly until mixed up evenly.

  5. Pour the blended ingredients into a 9 x 13 pan and push down with a buttered spatula.


How to Make Rice Crispy Treats at Home

I seriously cannot believe how simple these are to make. I had to step up the recipe I originally found to make a 9 x 13 sized pan because there is five of us eating these babies and they go quickly! You may play with the recipe to suit your family desires.

How to Make Rice Crispy Treats at Home

Since I didn't want what happened last time I made these treats, I waited for them to harden (which doesn't take too long) and cut them up to place into sandwich baggies to allow me to better monitor just how much sweets my kiddos were getting! I enjoyed offering this as a special sweet addition to the kids school lunches the past couple of days.