Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Jenny the Pug - Love her Like a Child

I never thought I could love a pet as much as I love my sweet Pug. I always wanted to have a pug and a few years ago I was able to adopt this sweet Jenny the Pug. Jenny was five years old then and is now about to turn eight this April.

Raising a Pug is so Much Fun

Jenny has such a big personality and we often call her Diva Dog. I love how Jenny has figured out that her human Mama has a memory issue. You see, my kids learned a long time ago I am extremely forgetful, I can blame it on being older or having Mommy brain, whatever the reason I can forget what i ate this morning, nevermind what I fed my kids last night. Jenny the Pug likes to take full advantage of this and is found begging for food as if I forgot to feed her breakfast or dinner. It drives me crazy because the family will remind me "yes you fed her" but Jenny makes me second guess myself.

Jenny the Pug is Family Moms Vaction Land (3)

My children adore Jenny. With my middle child, who is not shown in pictures today, he uses Jenny the Pug as a way to help him relax down to sleep. Petting Jenny until he falls asleep is part of his normal bedtime routine while I sing lullabies and read books to my youngest son (shown in image above to the right). Everyone loves Jenny, the kids refer to themselves as "brother" and "sissy" to our dog, it just goes to show that a dog can truly be like one of your children!

Jenny the Pug is Family Moms Vaction Land (1)

Jenny is our only pet, we had a cat but he sadly was hit by a vehicle and died. That was so sad because we couldn't keep this particular cat inside, but now we have this orange kitty shown above. I don't know who owns this orange kitty, if anyone, but he/she is very well groomed and plump as ever so I know he/she must have a home or at least someone is taking care of him/her. This kitty would be a cute addition, we could essentially have a Milo & Otis, right?!

What pet(s) do you have, if any? If none, what is one pet you hope to have some day?