Waking up on the wrong side of the bed totally sucks but here are some ways to get over that slump and move forward with your day:
- If possible, lay back in bed or in a chair with total silence around you.
- Sip on your favorite morning beverage while sitting in silence.
- Think about not being grumpy, what is it that you can do to move forward from this slump?
- Do not interact with the family until the grumpies have passed or you are sure to make the whole day spiral downward.
- Go back to sleep for a short period of time if possible.
- Take a nice walk or sit outside in the fresh air to clear your brain.
- If all that fails, have faith that someone stronger than you, a power stronger than you, will make things better if only you allow your mind to think that way.
Waking up on the wrong side of the bed is just a pain because it can put a kink in your whole day. So if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed try the little things I noted above and see if you can get beyond the grumpies and move forward with a happy day.