Thursday, September 13, 2012

Please New Hampshire Winter Hold Off

 

I often get all sad during winter months in New Hampshire. The lack of sunlight drives me bonkers. I don't like the cold and although the snow is pretty from a window, I have little if any interest in going outside to play in it.

My kids, on the other hand, just love winter. Sledding, ice skating, making forts and having snow ball fights are just a few of their favorite winter activities. I swear, I wasn't meant to live in New Hampshire.



Alas I was born and raised here. My kids go to school here. So I will be here a bit longer in my lifetime so I suppose I should just suck it up and get prepared because as I feel the crisp Fall air move in I know that familiar breeze means that Winter is coming and being a NH native I am very well aware that it won't be long before we have snow on the ground.

Please be a wonderful Fall, let me enjoy just a bit more of the cool evenings and warm days. Let me enjoy the leaves falling and the green-ish grass a bit more. Winter can hold off a bit longer this year, I will not mind one bit.