Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Love That my Kids Get Me, They Really Understand

The other day I had another case of the grumpies, the thing is that when I am grumpy I am very outspoken about it. This means if I am grumpy I am sure to tell the kids ahead of time that I am just having a case of the grumpies but trying to overcome them and this moment will pass soon.

Well I had a little bit of grumpies in the car the other day and just as I told my kids that they really need to try to be a little bit quieter in the car so I can breath and chill a bit, my daughter turns on number 17 of Now 39 or Now 38, not sure which. But the song starts with "it's been a really messed up week, seven days of torture, seven days of bitter and my GF went and cheated on me". Then it goes lalala whatever, lalala doesn't matter or something like that.

The kids adore this song, all three sing really loud and they know if they start to sing a tune like that that eventually I start laughing and/or smiling and sing along with them. Although I didn't sing with them this particular time, when the song was over, Ki looked over at me and said "there Mama did that song and us singing get your grumpies away?" I smiled and said "yes my daughter, Yes it did!"