Saturday, August 18, 2012

Seeking Guidance Through God

I don't talk much about religion for it's all new to me. I wasn't raised with a knowing and understanding of God and I am still learning. All I do know is that I have this faith that shines through even in the darkest of days.



Sure I have full days where I am in this funk and can't seem to get out of it, but I have found if I can find the strength to pray at night and to thank God for another day of living, he guides me in ways I never thought possible.

Combined with my positive thinking, faith is really working to uplift me and it's such a new thing that each day I struggle with believing but for me, this is a wonderful spiritual journey that I refuse to ignore.

It's funny, I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone the other night and I was actually giving her spiritual advice, as if I had been a Christian all of my life. The funny part about it was that she is usually the one giving me spiritual advice, so I guess when you do open your heart, good things come.

Now I am not writing this to push a message nor a belief and I doubt if this will become a regular topic for me, but it's something that was on my mind and is really important to me during my trying times so I thought if it helped me, maybe someone out there can be helped by what helped me or lend me some advice while I travel on my own spiritual journey.