Tuesday, May 8, 2012

That's What Scared the Ducks Away

There is a pair of ducks that frequent our pond and they are just lovely but lately they have been getting spooked out of the pond and flying off shortly after landing. I hadn't quite figured out why until over the weekend I spotted this lovely creature at the pond...



This is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen, the thing is I have seen geese before, but they were honking flying in a V up in the sky. This is one lone goose that hung around the pond all day over the weekend.



I am not 100% sure but it appeared that this goose was making his or her home by the pond, looking like maybe there's a nest around this area of the pond for the goose kept hanging around one area looking like it was making a nest area.



Now I don't know what this goose was doing for sure, but I do know it would not leave. I ventured as close as I could to it thinking maybe it would get spooked and fly off but all it did was waddle into the pond and swim a bit further away from me. Even with all the hussle and bussle of the kids, this goose did not fly off all day.

I wonder what it was doing and if I will see it again?