Thursday, May 3, 2012

Freaked out About Delivery Person

I was on the telephone with my father having one our many normal conversations about how I am going to lose my mind one of these days and joking about all of the wonderfully challenging, but semi-funny, things my children have done that day when a Jeep pulled into my driveway. Mind you, I don't ever have visitors so for someone to be pulling into my yard it's either a delivery person, mail carrier or someone for the neighbors who pulled into my driveway quite by accident.

SO I am outside on the deck having a cigarette chatting away with my father, laughing and just making fun of my stressful moments that hit me daily when I forget I am even on the telephone with my father and start cursing and freaking out. Quite literally, freaking out verbally. I put my cigarette out in the butt can and proceeded to drop F bombs like I was a sailor and it continued on for a moment until sanity must have come into my mind and I said "oh I ordered dinner".

Just like that I made my dad crack up and I cracked up at the same time. I was shaking, scared that some stranger was in my driveway, totally forgot I had ordered delivery food. I don't like random people showing up, it drives me bonkers. My life is too hectic for pop in visits and so I usually do freak out when someone pulls in, but nothing like I did this particular day.

It came at a time when I was just telling my Dad that one of these days the boys Dad is going to come home with me sitting on a chair going "coo-coo, coo-coo", apparently I proved that the mind is a bit frazzled these days, but thankfully it's only me and my adult acquaintances and family that realize this for my children think I am always happy and never stressed out.  The kids may think I am a tad bit coo-coo but that's just because I am a silly sort of Mama.

Needless to say, I need to start realizing and taking action when I need time away, so I am resolving now to ensure I get ME TIME more often so my mind can come back down to Earth and not climb so far up into the clouds that I do silly things such as freaking out on a delivery person.

No delivery person was hurt nor verbally harassed during this situation, they were still well inside of their vehicle pulling into a parking place in my driveway during my memory lapse.