Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I Grew Up Thinking....

Growing up we learn through those who surround us in our child years, such as adult caregivers, our parental units and so many others, eventually as we get into school we start to learn things from our teachers and peers. Here are some things that I learned to think while growing up that I eventually changed my mind about:

What I used to think....

Having kids with more than one man meant you are a loose woman

What I think based on life experiences...

Life is too short to get caught up in stereotypes, I have different dads for my kids and am not a loose woman.

What I used to think....

Being on welfare, also called TANF, meant you are a low life crack head, drug or alcohol addicted parent.

What I think based on life experiences...

Being on welfare is a blessing, if used for it's true purpose - to assist you in getting back on your feet from financial downfall.

What I used to think....

Girls are all about pink, dresses, being clean and frilly fun.

What I think based on life experiences...

Girls can be just as boyish as your sons and get just as dirty while finger painting, playing outside or similar.

What I used to think....

Working from home is just another way to be lazy.

What I think based on life experiences...

Working from home is 10 times more difficult than working an out of home job with a "real" schedule.