Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheap Vacation

Guest post of the week by Brittany Booker

I love to travel, but unfortunately I don’t have much of a budget for it right now. I got a pay cut at work last year, so there went my yearly vacation. I’ve been trying to find ways to go on vacation and spend less money, and one of the ways to do that is to find a friend who lives somewhere interesting and go visit. It saves on hotel and food costs, which are a big chunk of every vacation. My roommate from college moved to Nashville last year, so I called her to see if there was a good time for me to come out. We set a date, and I planned all the things we were going to do. I don’t mean to be judgmental, but when I got there, I wash shocked at how horrible her neighborhood was. I was worried about her, so I suggested she research Alarm Systems Nashville to see if a home alarm system would be right for her. I feel bad because I think she was really offended, and that was not my intention. We had a great time while I was there, and I hope my comment didn’t ruin our relationship. Hopefully she will stay safe and everything will work out for her.