Monday, December 19, 2011

She Loves me, She Really Loves Me

So the other day I was talking about shirts and my daughter, the conversation went on more that day about how she actually really does love her Mama because her Mama is the most amazing, awesome Mama in the world. I got an eye roll with that comment, but I expect the eye roll because she is heading into those tween moody years.

I went around the house pointing out pictures in photo frames of when she was little and smiling so cute on my lap and with her brother. I said "see there is proof that once upon a time you loved me so much and you loved your brother Aj too".  My daughter replies with "ummm no I was just smiling a lot because back then I loved to smile". I replied "ummm well why don't you smile now?" She replied "I don't know. I just don't like to smile". GASP .....

I could not believe that a daughter of mine would not like to smile, I mean seriously? How can it be. I went on to explain to my daughter that she should smile because a beautiful smile can go a long way. I also went to say I could weigh 400lbs and no one would notice as long as I had a beautiful smile. She rolled her eyes and said that's not true, but I beg to differ.

I think that beauty holds no weight, holds no boundaries and is more than skin deep. I believe that true beauty is the willingness to simply love life and smile all of the time. That is why I think of others as beautiful or handsome, because of the happiness I feel radiating from their smile and attitude.

So I had to remind my daughter, yet again, what really counts in life - to be happy and let no one bring you down. Maybe, just maybe it sunk in today.