Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mama is a Dork .... Say What?

I was talking with my daughter, okay, back that up, I was bribing my daughter with a game on my old Droid cell phone if she would just freaking pick out an outfit and get dressed for the day when we started talking and laughing. It all started with me trying to find her one of her sarcastic shirts, one that says "recycle my brother" or maybe "Girls Rock" and that's when it dawned on me, I was all ready to take a permanent marker & cross of "girls" and write "mama" so that the shirt clearly told the truth that "Mama Rocks".

My daughter laughed and wasn't too keen on that idea, apparently our sense of humor did not align during this conversation. So I thought well maybe I can cross it off and have it say "boys rock", nope she did not like that idea either. Apparently Girls Rock is the best saying and so why not wear the shirt? No, she did not want to.

So we moved onto a shirt that says "Cheer 4 Life" and I did a little cheer saying "Ki will look beautiful. In this shirt. Because she is awesome" that went with cute little arm movements, you know like a real cheerleader. All that got me was Mama points for reminding her she is beautiful but then it happened, she said I am a dork. WHAT? Never.

She is wearing that shirt though, so my charm did her in.