Sunday, July 24, 2011

On and Off with the Mom Hat

I absolutely love my children dearly and some days I feel like being a mother is the only part of my personal life I have done correct. Don't get me wrong, parenting is simply something you do the best you know how to do, however, I am pretty confident in being a great mother!



The thing about me is that I am really good at taking the Mom hat off when the children are asleep or I get out of the house without children. It's like I am a magician, no kids, poof the Mom in me just disappears! I am almost 30 years old but I don't feel old at all. I feel young and even though some parts of my health are fading and my body may not be able to handle as much as it used to, I know I am  young at heart.

Maybe it's from my father, watching him be a young man even as a grown man. Maybe it's just the young, beautiful females on my Mom's side of the family that keep me looking young thus I feel young. I don't know what it is but I am forever being caught with something silly up my sleeve when those kids are not around.

I think it is very important to any adult to be able to take that parental hat off and let loose to have some fun. Your fun may not be the same as my fun but whatever your "fun" is, please remember to take that parental hat off and enjoy yourself from time to time ... it will make you come back as a more refreshed, positive parent!