Saturday, July 9, 2011

If I Were to Write a Book

 

I daydream often about book ideas, even come up with whole pages of what the typed work would look like inside of my own head. The topics range from the most off topics that one would think I would write about to a more personal nature of my life growing up.

I do know that poetry has always been where my heart is with writing. Short stories for children is something that heavily interests me as well. I doubt I would be able to sit and write a great children's book on my own that would utilize the correct word usage for young ones though.

Ideally if I were to write a book I would want it to be a more personal, life learning type of book. One in which people can love me, hate me and yet relate to me at the same time. I am currently reading a book that fits all of those feelings and those are the books that I can't put down.

I can only assume that if I were to write a book about my life growing up as a teen girl that I would offend some people in my family because there is a lot that has happened in my life that clearly would be my side of the story. You see I am a firm believer in there is two sides to every story and should I start getting into my personal life I would dig up some subject matter that I have long put to the back of my mind in order to keep moving forward.

I haven't completely forgotten all that I have gone through but I do think a little bit more clearly and openly about the situations because I am nearing 30 years old and have lived and learned on my own. I now can look back and understand why things happened the way they did and be okay with that.

For me, a story about the struggles I went through as a teen leading up to my underage DWI at age 18 would be a story worth sharing, one that would hopefully be shared with other teens, mainly teen girls, as a way to hear a personal story from someone who doesn't regret & feel bad about what she had done but wishes to place a "what if" in the heads of teen girls to ensure that they try their best to realize how awesome they are and that drinking, drugs and sex isn't going to resolve their own inner issues.

If I were to write a book, I guess a personal story would suit me best. That is where my passion would shine through my writing. Passion behind writing is what makes an incredible read!

P.S. Clearly if I wrote a book I would have to hire a great editor because I tend to ramble with run on sentences often ;-)