Monday, May 23, 2011

Listen When I Speak

I have the most amazing four year old. Something about him makes him hold a different place in my heart than the other two kids. I love all of my children but my middle child has a uniqueness about him that I haven't been able to figure out. My other two children are very similar in traits and personality and are very easy to love & laugh with.

My four year old is the child who feeds off of my energy the most. If I am having a bad day, a hard time, stressed to my max or extremely happy, the four year old is feeling the same. My four year old can get extremely aggressive if I have been having some stress going on internally.  My four year old and I have this odd connection that isn't that of a physical thing, it's more based on our energies feeding together. So weird to me.

One thing that my four year old is famous for is being extremely smart but not wanting anyone to know. My four year old will also only say something one time, do not ask him to repeat it because he will not repeat whatever it was that he said.

My ears have been giving me trouble lately, they feel like they have fluid in them and my hearing has been off lately, so needless to say I haven't been hearing my four year old the first time and he gets so mad at me. As if saying "what" was a word that means let's lash out and be angry at Mama.

So the past few days have been a wonderful test of my patience, which I told my father the other day I did not get from my parents. I love my parents, but they are not patient for the most part. I am extremely patient but do have my limits and I am at mine. This not hearing is making it worse on my poor son who just wants me to hear him the first time around because if I don't he seriously WILL NOT repeat what he said.