Thursday, May 5, 2011

House of Payne Reigns


Posted by Heriberto Fuentes

I have always thought that Allen Payne was good actor. He was good on the Cosby show, and he was believable in the movie New Jack City. I have no idea, however, how he became the main character on House of Payne. I am even more confused about how his last name was attached to the name of the show. Regardless of this, House of Payne is a great sitcom.

I watch House of Payne all the time on demand on direc4U TV. I usually watch the shows over and over again because they are so incredibly funny. There have been so many episodes that made me and my entire family laugh. It's great because it is a family-oriented show.

I love the fact that Payne's uncle on the sho! w, affectionately referred to as Uncle Curtis, is such a bold guy. He always gets into trouble with his wife, Ella, as he gets into all types of mischief. Their son, Kevin, adds even more comedy with his own troubles that he has in his new marriage.

I will admit that the show is serious at times even though this is a sitcom. I guess it has a lot of this has to do with all of the marriages on the show. Married life can but funny, but the show covers the serious stuff as well.