Sunday, February 20, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow!

Guest post written by Rachel Manuel

My family and I all live in a suburb of Portland, Maine, and we've been getting a lot of snow lately. The snow has been absolutely fantastic for the kids, but it's brought on a lot of work for my husband Eric and me. Eric has taken the time to show the kids how to make a snow man, and he's always started mischief with them with tossing snowballs around. The kids have had so much fun outside. It's really reminded me of when I was a little girl and my father used to take me sledding at the local hill. It was steep enough so that all the neighborhood kids would congregate there to experience the best sledding in town.

While I Eric and I have lost some of that wonderment, we are getting the chance to experience it once again through our children. We focus so much on the weathering that occurs with the house that we forgot to enjoy the snow. Good thing there is a Sears Home Improvement Portland. We can get some help with the upkeep of the place while showing the kids a great time in their lives.
 

Make it a Happy Day!