Friday, January 21, 2011

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might

All too often I find myself wishing for a magic solution; for kids to sleep through the night, for me to be able to move back to my old house, for things to finally align in a way that I feel makes sense. The problem is, wishing upon a star may be fun but it doesn't solve the issues at hand. You can wish with all your might for things to be different but without the actions to back up the wishful thinking you will be stuck sitting in your situation for a while.

I love to joke about magical fairy dust you sprinkle on the kids before sleep and it helps them have sweet dreams to sleep all night long. My four year old actually thinks this special sleeping fairy dust is cute, heck he even cracks a smile when I tell him with a whisper that I have sprinkled some sweet dreams, special sleepy fairy dust on him so he can magically fall asleep easier! Those are the moments I cherish; smiles, laughter, joyful times.

No matter how hard I wish to be out of the situation I find myself in, it will take hard work, motivation and determination. I recently read a blog post about how mother's seem to have this motivation and dedication not easily understood nor a skill many men have {no offense men} but really if you think about your mother didn't she seem to have super powers? I mean a Mom can get things done like no other.

I am happy that I am a mother, it has given me the strength and the courage to change my life for the better. Of course others have had worse mistakes in their past than I have, but still, I wasn't the person I wanted to be before I became a mother. I am now this person, a person who believes positive thinking and sometimes a little wishing can help every challenge life tosses at you.

So today ... just today ... if you could have ONE WISH what would that wish be?
Enhanced by Zemanta