Thursday, January 13, 2011

Giving My All

One thing about me is that I am a very passionate person, this goes with life, love, parenting, and writing. Some people do not understand me, the passionate, positive, happy go lucky chick. Most wonder, can this person really be this happy ALL of the time?! I will answer you this ... I am not always smiling and always happy, but it does take a lot to get me down.

I have found my strength and I have found my therapy. Growing up with a lot of anger and bitterness towards those I love created an angry young adult, one who occasionally had self destructive behavior without even realizing that is what she was doing until later in life. My family was not aware and probably still is not 100% aware of all I have been through.

I could sit here and share with you all of what I have been through and the mistakes I made along the way to becoming who I am today, but I feel they are not important stories to share. What is important is I am a firm believer that you can not live in the past, you can not hold yourself back ... all you can do is smile, follow your heart, live life to the fullest and never look back!

Following your heart, never looking back and being a positive person takes a lot of practice, I always tell my friends it is in the mindset. You see, one can easily allow the negative in our world and our lives to take control, one can easily live a content life just for the sake of not hurting others, but life is what you make of it! Although it is hard to focus your mind on something more positive, I know you can do it, if I can go from being a negative, very angry person and such then I know you can work towards being a positive thinker!

So what are you waiting for? What is great about today? Leave a comment below!
Enhanced by Zemanta