Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Don't Wanna and You Can't Make Me

Do you ever wish you could say things that your children say and just get away with it? Like a two year old who uses the excuse that he's two to try to get away with doing something naughty. How about my four year old who thinks he is five because the scale says 50lbs, apparently the first number of your weight determines your age now. How about when my daughter just sits in her room and says "I don't wanna and you can't make me" after I have told her to take care of her clothes?!

Oh to be a child again, to get away with having energy all day and night, to use a simple excuse to get away with something done wrong, to be able to play all day and night and to be loved like no other? Children are simply amazing, I love every waking moment with mine but some days I wonder .... is it healthy to be around them 24/7? I mean seriously?

My opinion is NO. It is not healthy for you nor your child to be together 24/7. Both parent and child need a break from each other in order to experience life, separation and well to miss each other. I feel that if you are given time to miss your children, truly miss them, then you will appreciate them more when they are around you. It is funny that absence makes the heart grow fonder even for children. I know I have heard this work for relationships between two adults but not for children.

Going back to things children say, they say the most awesome things at time! I love that at age two my son has learned to use the excuse "cuz" whenever I asked him about something or a why question. I bet that comes from me, I am forever answering cuz, now let's hope he doesn't pick up the "cuz I said so" response!  In all reality I love children, my included, they are honest, outspoken and just plain sweet as sweet can be!

What do you think? Would you like to venture back to spend one day as a child again? Do you think that there is such a thing as being with a child too much?
Enhanced by Zemanta