Saturday, August 21, 2010

Positive News Stories

You know what? The news always seems to be full of negative, it's almost like I dread watching my nightly news because I know my children will see things I wouldn't allow them to even see in a movie. So why is it that there are so few positive news stories? Are less people doing good?

Of course not, there are a lot of people out there doing some good and this story caught my eye. MDA Volunteers were locked up at the WMUR studio on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 to help raise $1,600. What a unique and wonderful idea especially for this local area in Manchester, NH which is about an hour or more away from where I live.

Local business leaders volunteered to be locked up to send two children to MDA Summer Camp. I am a sucker for any positive news story that also helps our children. I am a firm believer in the children are our future because they truly are and what better way to help our children than to do unique things to help them attend a MDA Summer Camp. This is going to be a dream come true for two children and I commend those who volunteered to be "locked up" to help raise funds!

Click here to read more and watch a slideshow.

Kudos to you all who volunteered your time, helped covered the story and helped get the situation set up for the volunteers to be able to raise funds!
Enhanced by Zemanta