Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sister Bonding Saturday

About three months ago I told my sister that this year on her 25th birthday, which was July 17th, that I would buy her and I a tattoo. We would choose a matching, sister type tattoo. She was totally game! You see my sister and I are quite the opposite of each other but we do have a common bond and that is tattoos, although her style tat and mine are nothing alike we were able to find a very cute symbolic tat on Saturday at Mom's Tattoo Studio in Keene, NH.





[caption id="attachment_221" align="aligncenter" width="210" caption="My Sister With Neck Tattoo Bandaged Up"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_222" align="aligncenter" width="210" caption="Bandaged Up Me"][/caption]

After looking at a variety of pictures of various tattoos from butterflies, that my sister refused to have on her, to cherries that my sister kept saying we should get, to finally seeing this cute heart tattoo that was two hearts joined. A simple tattoo, nothing like what I thought my sister would ever have on her body. The symbolism beyond it was rather cute, two joining hearts, two sisters, our bonding day and a birthday present all at once!





[caption id="attachment_226" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="1 Day After Tattoo Done (Brandy)"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_225" align="aligncenter" width="263" caption="1 Day After Tattoo Done (Jen)"][/caption]

You see, my sister and I never really were that close. Although I feel growing up we were close until she turned about age 14 and from then on out it went downhill. I am very social but in a very polite way, she's very outspoken and not always in a polite way. I am more the "hold my tongue" kind of person, she is more the "say what's on your mind" kind of person.  This girl is four years younger than me and when she was a little sixth grader walking home from school with me, should would yell at the senior girls who used to harass me when I was a freshman in high school!





[caption id="attachment_227" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Small, can barely see on my chest"][/caption]

I know no matter how many ups and downs my sister and I go through, we will always have each others backs because that my friends is what family is all about! So the tattoo bonding day was so much fun, we got along all day and had a blast even though we ended up at Moms Tattoo Studio for virtually the whole day! I must admit George Malloy was certainly entertaining while we waited, great customer service, friendly interactions and a comfortable yet fun atmosphere made the time fly by while we waited for our turn.


Thinking about a tattoo studio in MA or NH? I would totally recommend Moms Tattoo Studio, their prices are reasonable and they have been the only ones I let do my tattoos (this was my 3rd tattoo from them).  And since I am a blogger, I feel I must disclose this was not a free tattoo for "review purposes" I totally paid for both my sisters tat and my own!



Enhanced by Zemanta