Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yard Work Time


This weekend was my kid free weekend and I spent most of it doing yard work. Don't get me wrong, I totally slept in on Sunday and went out for breakfast to the Tilt'n Diner in Tilton, NH for breakfast on Saturday but my yard hasn't been maintained for so long that there was so much to do! First area to clean up was the front of my house, the part where everyone in the world sees when they drive by at 50MPH. It's like a first impression, you've gotta have that area looking HOT!

The work began with finding all the left overs from a Summer projected called, Get Miss Ki a Room, where the front porch was turned into a bedroom for my daughter. Problem was that apparently the person who did the work, we won't mention any names, didn't take care of his crap such as old shingles and NAILS. OMG seriously glad no one stepped on those nails! Slowly but surely over an hour later we had the front lawn looking nice except many dead grass spots.

I spent an hour or so mowing both my back lawn where my kids play and the side lawn where I apparently was lucky to not get stung by the swarm of bees that built shelter in the ground and I mowed over them three times! I am a smoker, so by the time I was done mowing the lawn in the hot weather my lungs were hurting, I could barely breath and spent another half hour getting my breath back and drinking down some Aquafina FlavorSplash Lemon water.

When all was said and done I looked over my yard with a sense of pride and felt very wonderful about knowing so much had been done. Although many of you may not feel "yard work" can be considered relaxing I personally felt very relaxed doing it. Something about working hard on yard work every week  just to find out you've lost another 5lbs and gone down another pants size makes you realize this hard work is all worth it!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]