Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Waiting Game

It's really great that you can turn something that was a passion into a money making opportunity, such as I have done with both of my blogs! The only thing that stinks is waiting for that payment. I swear I check my accounts daily to see when that money I earned 30 days ago is going to pay out to me. I have less than $10 in my bank account right now, not because I don't make enough to pay current bills but because I had to pay two big bills in two weeks and so well it pretty much drained my account.

I love that I can make money doing something I am passionate about ... writing, but man sometimes I wonder why I ever tried to start making money from it. The waiting can keep you anxious and it can be frustrating. There are a few sites that pay monthly no matter what and another site that pays bi-weekly which is pretty cool, but those sites are not the "big money makers" usually so reality is I have to wait 30 days for the work I do today in order to get the money I earned.

I get it, they want to ensure their links are on your website for at least 30 days, because if not the search engines wouldn't scroll them or whatever the word is. I know SEO tips and tricks, I get it, but I also want to get my money! LOL

In all seriousness, I do love that I can make money from my blogs. It's funny I originally started making money from my blogs and doing my virtual assistant business as a way to help my soon to be ex husband get out of a job he hated. Funny how we are now facing separation and he quit that job before I was even financial stable enough for him to quit! Life is all about adventures though, so what waiting game are you playing in life today?

Make it a Happy Day!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]