Monday, February 15, 2010

The Ups and Downs

Knowing that you are about to have a complete life change makes your mind go crazy. It's like one moment you are ready to move forward in your life and take on this new found freedom but the next you are scared and worried about whether or not you are going to make it on your own in this new situation.

What I do in times like this is simply talk out loud, yes talk ... seriously even if no one is listening. It feels good to get out your thoughts in the form of talking or sometimes writing can help. I know writing is like my therapy, when I get all my thoughts out of my head onto a blog post or a piece of paper (that I later shred) I feel a sigh of relief knowing that I am now free of those thoughts that were consuming my mind and trying to make me second guess what I know to be right in my life.

Life has it's ups and downs, that's for sure, all that matters is that you take each day as it comes and smile your best smile! I am serious when I tweet about how a smile can change your day and make another persons day better. I have practiced being an optimistic person now for many years and I will be honest that each time I think a positive thought about a life challenge everything ends up turning out better! It's funny how a simple thought for the positive can make good things come to you!

I invite you to smile today and enjoy the life you life! We are not able to relive our past mistakes and we do not know what our future holds, but today ... awww today ... today we can be happier knowing that all it takes is the simple act of smiling!

 Make it a Happy Day!