Saturday, January 17, 2009

Homeschooling

I have always played with the idea of homeschooling from the time my oldest was born until now. Finally I am in a position where I can take advantage of homeschooling. The concerns are; how do I teach my children, how do I decide on age appropriate cirriculum, how do I get them involved with peers?

I have been in touch with my local homeschooling program where I found out that there are activities that I can attend with my children {not my oldest as she is in public school and will stay there} that will allow me to meet others who homeschool and allow my sons to meet other children.

When you make the decision to homeschool it should be a long thought process that involves thinking about whether you have the time to devote to this or not, can you teach your children in a way that they can benefit from and flourish? Can you stick to a routine and stay involved with activities so they can get the social interaction much needed?

I think I can answer yes to most of those questions, which is why I am not 100% sure I will homeschool. Since this is an advice blog I was hoping my readers could give me some advice on this subject that others who may be thinking about homeschooling can benefit from. Do you homeschool? Have you homeschooled? Please comment below to tell me more! I would love to hear some ideas and advice as well as pros and cons of homeschooling in your opinion.

Hugs,




Digg!