Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Advice From Mom

Dear Child,

I may not always be around to tell you this;
I loved you from the day you were born
Your chubby little cheeks and little baby arms
My heart melted the day we were introduced
I knew from the start we would be very close.

I may not always be around to tell you this;
There are bad people in this world
I have shielded your eyes from what harm can be done
You need to know that good people do bad things too
I know in my heart you will do well in this world.

I may not always be around to tell you this;
I wish you get a great college education and pursue YOUR dreams
Do not let anyone else tell you what do to
Allow your dreams to blossom from bud to rose
I knew from the start you would go far in this world.

I may not always be around to tell you this;
I love you and your brothers more than life itself
I long to be here forever, but life is not forever
Please know children you all hold a special place in my heart
I know in my heart you all will make it....

Even if I may not be around to tell you this.

Much love,
Mama

My personal advice today is to live, love and laugh often. My aunt gave me a slate with those words on it and I proudly have it hanging in my living room. Please hug your spouse and children as often as possible. Tell your loved ones how much you love them, tell them why they are special to you, because you never know what tomorrow brings.

**Brandy Ellen**